Saturday, May 30, 2009

Changes

Life is about to change for me at the end of July... something i am excited about but yet dreading at the same time. I was selected for a Physician Assistant Scholarship for the Air Force, sounds great right? Well i will be seperated from Jayson for 2 years and Ava for the first year. I am excited that i will get books tuition and a great education for free (and get a pay raise from what i am making now). But i will miss a year of my baby girls life... a YEAR!! And i am not sure how living without my hubby that i love so much will go. He makes me smile and laugh everyday, they both bring so much sunshine into my every day. Today was a depressing day, there were definitely some tears. BUT this is a ince in a lifetime opportunity and these sacrifices i make now will better our entire future, not to mention allow me to reach some of my personal goals that were set for myself 6 years ago (when i joined the Air Force as an enlisted Airman).

Sorry about the somewhat heavy post, i want this to be somewhere that i can be REAL and not but on a picture of a picture perfect life.

I have some pics of Ava's first Birthday Party... Next post will be some from Disney! So enjoy the pics and i am off to make some pinwheels for my Thank You cards i have to make tonight. I am excited. Night!!

XOXO
Rachael
Rachel and Ava.jpg
Ava and me bday.jpg Ava and mommy lovin.jpg Ava's Cake.jpg Ava birthday cake aftermath.jpg Jayson and Ava cake.jpg

3 comments:

mborrero said...

Things will work out. Good Luck

namaste
melina
living creating & appreciating my blog
I design for Color Me Daisy

Terri said...

Congrats Rachel. I know this journey will have its trials but the long term rewards will make it worth it. Thank you for serving our country..... My prayers and respect go with you always!

emily anderson said...

what a big journey rachael...i can only imagine how sad it must be to leave the ones you love though. very bittersweet...keep us updated on your journey!
em